My husband and I were quite lost when we began this process. Birth registration was simple, but obtaining our twins’ US passports and Singapore visit passes was rather tedious. This post will outline each step in detail.
1. Register for birth certificates (same day collection)
2. Take your child’s passport photos (different dimensions for US and SG photos)
3. Apply for passport at local embassy (for US citizens, you will apply for passports and social security cards together)*
4. Collect passport
5. Actualise your child’s “stay” at ICA (stamp passport) and apply for visit pass*
6. Collect visit pass*
* Must bring child for these visits